Aug 13, 2014

Summer Fun!

I had a great time a couple weeks ago celebrating my friend Janelle's bridal shower and bachelorette party....so much fun catching up with old friends! 
So we had our church VBS a couple weeks ago and the theme was Dive In. Justin and I were in charge of the games and outdoor time.....so what do you do with a theme of dive in???? We got a dunk tank! So much fun! It was a fairly chilly day...so I let Justin, one of the Pastor's and the Principal take their turns :)    Take a look at these 3 pictures.....I love the story! It was priceless!!!!...(and yes I took him out too) :)
Proud parent moment :)  We go to the library pretty regularly. There is lots for the kids to do there....but what did this kid do?......grab and book and sat down to "read"  SO PROUD!!!
Mornings around here are a hit or miss :)   Usually one out the four wakes up happy....if even that :)     No really, Jordyn almost always wakes up happy, Levi comes walking in immediately asking to eat breakfast.....and Justin and I, well, we pretend we don't hear him :) haha
One of the programs the library put on was a music hour...Jordyn had a blast! She just walked all around the room while dancing amongst the kids
On the last day of VBS we did water balloons. Let's just say....our kids did not go home in any dry clothes :)
We have a really great park here in Red Wing. I try to take the kids there often....usally when Justin needs to focus and get some lesson planning done....we love it there!
We hit up River City Days here....and had to ride the train.
We met my parents for a day up in the cities while my dad was working at the state baseball tournament. We went to watch New Ulm play......but really we did most of the playing....at the park...and didn't see much of the game :)
This girl amazes me everyday. We have DVD players in the vehicle that keep the kids distracted. Well, this girl loves movies (maybe too much) ;)  but she REALLY gets into them. We will turn around to find her smiling, laughing and even CRYING during sad parts! She really understands the emotions that are supposed to be felt during different parts.....Levi, on the other hand will let out a laugh here or there but could care less about emotions...(a boy right?!)
We walked in the parade during River City Days. Justin handed out stuff to the people and I started off by pushing the kids in the stroller. Jordyn fell asleep right away (thankfully!) and Levi decided half way through that he also wanted to walk and help hand things out, and he did great!

I should have posted the video describing this picture.....as it was hilarious to watch both boys trying to climb up the slide :)
We have this nice 3 tiered dirt plots by our new house....it would be really pretty to have flowers planted there.....but being that it is also a great dirt area....the kids have made it their play area! Works for me since I don't have to pick weeds every week!
Playing at the mall
Happy Birthday Justin! (he's 31 now) :)
Someone loves her cake....she definitely doesn't get it from her mom ;)
We went to the county fair this past weekend....and boy does this girl love her animals! 
She was not too happy when we had to leave the barns
Big girl riding all by herself with her Big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment