Jul 16, 2013

Trace Adkins, Duluth, & Flandrau

Trace Adkins! I have been to a number of concerts but Justin surprised me for my birthday with tickets to Trace Adkins! and I had not seen him in concert before. It was a great show! The show was way up at Black Bear casino which meant that no babysitters were near by, so my parents came along to watch the kids. A HUGE thank you to them!
It was really nice to get out for a couple of hours!
Since we were so close to Duluth we made the little hike up there and enjoyed a nice day! We of course ate at Grandma's, walked by the pier, and went to campus. It was nice to see a lot of the people that I worked with at the bookstore there and to show Justin where I went to school!
We were able to see the bridge go up and down for a tour boat.
Climbing on the rocks with Grandpa and Grandma
After Duluth we headed down to my parents house because Justin and I needed to get some things from the MLC library. Because the weather was so nice we took the kids to Flandrau...(where my mom would take my brother and I every Saturday and Sunday EVERY weekend of the summer) I was excited to see Levi enjoy it as much as I did as a kid.
And guess who showed up?! Jeffrey and Jenny! Levi was so excited to have Jeff there and enjoyed following him/running after him in to the water!....(and Justin secretly was glad Jeff was there too....since Jeff liked building castles and rivers with Justin....unlike a certain someone who thought it was his mission to destroy all castles, sand sculptures or rivers) ;)
Jordyn came along too.....she enjoyed it from her carseat fast asleep :)
After a few days away it was nice to get home....this is one of my favorite poses that the three of them take. Levi likes to hold Jordyn and as soon as he does he says "cheese!" even when I don't have a camera in my hand or anywhere near.....think I take too many pictures? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment